Vibration Institute Event Scholarship
The Eshleman Foundation, in conjunction with the Vibration Institute, offers an Academic/Research Track at the Vibration Institute’s Annual Training Conference. This track will be dedicated to papers and student posters sharing research, student projects, and instructional practices. In addition to Academic/Research Track papers and posters, the Annual Training Conference will include industry papers, vendor exhibits, panel presentations, keynote lectures, and professional short courses.
Academic/Research Track papers (10 pages or less) will be peer-reviewed by two or more reviewers and will be published in the Conference Proceedings. Each paper presentation will be allotted 30 minutes. Original papers will solicit all aspects of sound and vibration, especially:
- Sound and Vibration Testing & Analysis Techniques
- Wind Turbine Monitoring, Diagnostics, Prognostics
- Digital Signal Processing
- Vibration and Dynamic Pressure Sensors
- Predictive/Proactive Maintenance Technologies
- Machine Specific Vibrations (i.e. fans, pumps, motors, turbines, gear-boxes, etc.)
- Random & Flow-Induced Vibrations
- High & Low-Frequency Data Acquisition & Analysis
- Vibration Control
- Rotor & Structural Dynamics
- Experimental Modal Analysis
Special conference pricing of $350 for the entire three-day conference is available to all faculty and student participants with a valid educational institution e-mail address. This includes publication costs, admittance to all conference sessions, exhibits, continental breakfasts, breaks, lunches and social functions. The registration fee does not include admittance to pre-conference workshops. Limited student sponsorship is available to defray conference costs.
Important Dates for the Academic/Research Track Paper Publication Process:
- Paper Abstract Due: To be announced
- Notification of Paper Abstract Acceptance: To be announced
- Draft Paper Submission: To be announced
- Paper Review Results Available: To be announced
- Revised Paper Due: To be announced
- Final Paper Notification/upload deadline: To be announced
Abstracts and subsequent paper submissions are entirely electronic. Prospective authors will receive instructions for manuscript submission with notification of abstract acceptance. Please submit a 400 word abstract as a PDF file with your name(s) and affiliation(s) on a separate front page.